All business-initiated outgoing message content has to be based on a message template pre-approved by Facebook. Promotional and newsletter-like content is unlikely to be approved
Some allowed messaging use cases are:
- Notifications (e.g. system alerts)
- Customer care (e.g. account balance, helpdesk)
- 2FA, OTP or user verification
Some forbidden messaging use cases are:
- Adult content
- Alcohol, tobacco, drugs, or related products
- Animal health and sales
- Defense, weapons, ammunition, explosives, or related products.
- Fake News
For more details, see the WhatsApp Business Policy and Commerce Policy.